Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Outlining Overshadow

Today, I'm beginning the outline for Overshadow, the second book in the Shadow Imperium trilogy.  (Are you seeing the "shadow" trend here?)  I have to admit, I've never done a book outline before.  From everything I hear from professional authors, though, outlines are excellent ideas.  I think that if I start doing outlines, I won't have to keep backtracking like I did with Foreshadow.


I will eventually come up with a more creative title for this blog.  I know "Brea Essex's blog" is dull.  Titles are always the hardest for me.  I changed Foreshadow's title three or four times before I finally settled on it.

Now, a side note from my writing:  My husband and I currently live in a townhouse.  We have extremely loud neighbors (who I hope never read this!).  It seems like my husband is constantly going over there, asking them to be quiet (which they do not like).  He's complained to our Home Owner's Association and all they said was that they have "had a lot of complaints about them".  I don't mind a little noise, but when they are banging doors at 2:00 am, it's not fun.  Anyway, a friend of mine came over last night, who is not so quiet herself.  She kept asking if she was too loud.  I figured it was our turn to be loud for once.  I was surprised the neighbors didn't come over to complain to us.  Maybe they just don't notice noise as much as we do.  Needless to say, I can't wait to move into a single-family home.

One more thing, before I go.  For those of you who aren't interested in young adult (YA) books, or urban fantasy, I am planning an adult epic fantasy series, tentatively titled The Erendirian.  The outline is finished and I've just started writing it.  I will be updating on that later as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment