Tuesday, December 20, 2011

25 Days of Christmas: This Holiday Season by Lissette E. Manning

25 Days of Christmas continues with Lissette E. Manning!


This Holiday Season
By: Lissette E. Manning


I’ve always loved this season. Mostly because not only do I get to celebrate both my birthday and Christmas, but also because I get to share it with my sister. We’re not sure how Mom managed for us to be born in the same month, but it’s kind of nice to have someone close to my own age who understands me in the same exact way I understand her. Of course, my sister gets to have her special celebration so close to Christmas, too.

Amazing, isn’t it? That so many of us can share in such a joyous occasion and become even closer than we were before.

Did you know that the date of December 25th was one adopted by the Western Christian Church around the early-to-mid 4th century in order to depict the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ? Truth be told, our Lord’s true birth isn’t actually known. It’s been said it occurred between 7 and 8 BC. At least, that’s what historians say. Yet regardless of when Jesus was born, it’s still a cause of celebration.

Christmas has allowed us to come together and celebrate this fact. It’s allowed us to let bygones be bygones and to be thankful for the world around us. To be thankful for our loved ones and the things we’ve been able to accomplish. It’s a way for us to truly bond with those around us. A heart-felt celebration that can felt all around the world.

I’m thankful for my family. For my friends – those in real life and those I’ve met online. I’m thankful because I’ve been able to achieve part of my dream and share it with all of you. Most of all, I’m thankful for the fact that God has given me another day in which to breath and to sing His praises. My relationship with Him may be rocky, at times, but I think He knows that at least I’m trying.

So this holiday season, embrace those around you. Embrace the life you’ve been given and never look back on what could have been. Give God thanks for being there when we need Him.

Most of all, enjoy everything you do. Savor the moments as if they’re your last and always remember those who couldn’t be here with us to celebrate those moments and hold them close to your hearts.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year when the time comes!

God Bless and always the best to you all!

Book Blurb for Stuck:

A world too different from what we once knew . . . all we hold onto now is survival.

Memories of the dead remind Annie Page of the world she'd once known. Renegade forces are closing in, seeking to command the little that remains. Yet she refuses to stand by and watch the world crumble.

Her children’s love the driving force behind the choices that she’s made, she’s determined to make their world a better place. Yet their survival comes with a price – one that she never meant to pay. 


Purchase Links For Stuck:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Stuck-ebook/dp/B005L7AMZKBarnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/stuck-lissette-e-manning/1105384718Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/72829

Short Bio:

Nancy Medina is an author from Connecticut who writes under the pseudonym of Lissette E. Manning. She has been writing since she was eight years old and spends most of her time trying to place her thoughts into order and giving life to the stories that are always brewing inside her head.

She enjoys listening to music, playing the occasional video game, watching movies, and spending time with friends and family. She's also a bit of a computer geek.

Her writing genres of choice are Science-Fiction/Fantasy, Romance, Paranormal, Short Stories, as well as Poetry. She's currently working on several projects due out sometime in the new year, as well as her finishing her NaNoWriMo project, The Corsicanth Princess.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me here, Brea. It's a pleasure always. Happy Holidays to you all. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone, I am Adorjan Adelmo from Yasinya village Ukraine and I just want to say a very resounding thanks  to Mr Benjamin Lee Financial loan services for their sincerity, Openness, Transparency, Truthfulness, Love and support during and after getting loan funds from them. I have been through a lot in the hands of in life and time won’t permit me to say all that I went through in the year of pandemic but God answered my prayers through the support and love from Mr Benjamin Lee Financial loan services who embraced me and understood me despite my initial doubt and unseriousness and with his good heart and love I am now a home owner through his 2% interest rate loan funds and I have vow to spread this news and also tell the world that there are still genuine and few good online loan firms out there that can assist and also revive a dry bone like I was.
    Don’t fail to listen and read this testimony because this is a true life changing experience and anyone that needs this kind of turn around should not hesitate or doubt this because I have proven and I swear to God in Heaven that this story is real and also the story of my experience with them .
    Contact them today. WhatsApp - +1-989-394-3740 Email:    247officedept@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete