Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Writing Prompts: Childhood Mythical Creature


Today’s writing prompt:  drabble (100 words) * A Mythical Creature or Idea * childhood memories


When I was eight, I carried a silver mirrored compact with me everywhere. In this compact lived my “faery”, Daphne. I called her a forest sunlight faery. When the sun hit the mirror just so, it would project a light onto the wall. That light was Daphne. I’d move the mirror around so Daphne’s light would “dance” and I would dance and jump around with her. I’m not sure what happened to that compact, but I’d love to get another one. Maybe I’ll find Daphne still residing in the light.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this post for raising awareness about when to see a cardiologist. Knowledge is power, and understanding the signs is the first step toward better heart health. Let's all take care of our hearts! ❤️🩺 #HeartAwareness

    ReplyDelete